I was busy renovating my home and make it more presentable. Because I had done it in such a long time. Everyone keep asking, why I haven’t finished it. So I am thinking of sharing some of the lessons learned so that it might help others before they start painting their home.
Lesson 1. Time and effort
You might want to consider whether you had the time to do the painting. Depends on what you are planning to paint it can be time consuming. We all have the same 24 hours in a day. Continue reading
This would be the last day I am bored, my wife and kids are coming back today. I woke up early to have breakfast and prepare some bread packed with ham and cheese for my wife and kids. Then I went to the airport to pick them up. The flight arrived on time at 6 AM. And I get to the airport at about 7 AM. Circle around until my wife called me, and just in time to pick them up in front of the hotel.
My son was throwing up after he went to sleep. Daughter was ok, chatty as usual. I get her to do her abacus homework. I did a few things while they are asleep :
1. Reported a few succulents
2. Take down one of our Christmas lights and fix the lights as most of them are rusty due to being immersed in the gutter.
Here are what I had done:
1. Clean the apartment
2. Went swimming for 30 minutes non stop
3. Hang all the washing
4. Went to Surrey Hills to paint the corridor ceiling, manage to paint 2 coat. Also patched up a few holes and clean some of the light fittings
5. Drop the Bluetooth speaker at Jerri’s house
6. Iron all the pillow cases, bedsheet and quilt cover, while watching “The Incredibles 2”
I finished my breakfast and packed my lunch then I did the following :
1. Tidy up the front yard. Also watering the pomegranate tree, it shows a good sign of recovery.
2. Went to Surrey Hills and patching up the bathroom ceiling. Then I painted second coat on the kitchen ceiling, laundry and toilet. I manage to get 2 coat on the bathroom ceiling too.
3. Get some vegetables and ham from wollies
4. Help tim to fix his Mongo dB by purging assume is the old data so that his unifi server can start. I think it was just sure to the file permission error that it won’t start. I did this while watching Australia open man finals, Djokovic vs Nadal. Djokovic win the title with three straight set. This is quite a quick match.
5. Installing a switch to the Bluetooth speaker, as the touch switch is not really working.
Today is Australia day, I forgot about it completely, until one of my friend reminded me. This is what I did.
1. Went to clean the apartment
2. Was my clothes and hang all the washing
3. Went to Surrey Hills and clean the toilet and laundry and getting it ready for painting
4. Iron the bed sheets, like cases and quilt cover while finished watching “Solo”
5. Tinker around the Bluetooth speaker, it seems that the touch sensor still not working properly, even with the 10pF capacitor. This is done while watching Australia Open women final. Naomi Osaka, win the title, she became no 1.
I knock off early from work and did the following :
1. Get all the dried linen
2. Went to Surrey Hills to paint the first bedroom, boy it was hot. So hard to paint at 38 degree, the paint seems so sticky, so I continue painting the corner and then when it cools down a bit only then I painted the wall again
3. Patch up the bathroom ceiling
4. Trying to finish off the Bluetooth speaker, but still doesn’t work properly for some reason
5. Ironing the pillow case and bed sheets weeks watching “Ready player one”, and started to watch “Solo”
I went to bed at almost 2 AM, letting it cools down a bit.
I am still working and time flies, still checking artefacts, having steering committee and taking minutes. Then when I came back I did the following:
1. Went to Surrey Hills to finished second coat of the master bedroom corner and pay off the first bedroom corner
2. Pick up all the dried linen and towels
3. Went to clean the apartment, taking longer than usual, lots of things to clean
4. Ironing the pillow cases and quilt cover while watching “Ready player one”. It is quite an interesting movie about virtual reality taking aver the real world, which I think absolutely going to happen in the near future.
I went to bed nearly at 2 AM. It was so hot, the temperature is around 30 degree still at the time.
I’m working, and having a couple of meeting about loan review with the auditor. Then I did the following when I get back:
1. Checked my pomegranate, it seems like it is coming back from dying, I saw a few stem sprouting some new leaves
2. Went to Surrey Hills to paint the corners of master bedroom
3. Went to clean the apartment and washed the bedsheet, pillows cases and quilt cover
4. Went swimming for 15 minutes
5. Hang the pillow cases and towel
6. Research some polycarbonate tube for the light Saber that I’m planning to make while taking with my son on Skype
I’m working, so time flies when you are checking files for the auditors. When I get back I did the following:
1. Went to Surrey Hills and continue painting the second coat in the bedroom wall. I manage to finish the master bedroom, but only partial second coat on the front bedroom.
2. Help my son recovering his Skype account, then we had a chat on Skype, while I prepared the checkin instruction for one of the guest.
I’m back at work, and still busy with checking materials for the auditors. My right ankle is in pain so I was limping. I’m not sure what happened, probably due to all the jumping up and down to paint the ceiling the day before. Then after work I did the following :
1. Went to Surrey Hills to pain the bedroom wall. I manage to put one coat on the master bedroom and only half of the second before it was dark.
2. Setup skype and have a chat with my son.
3. Checking whether I had the materials for the light Saber. I think I’m still missing the frosted pipe.