My Daughter would like to participate in school lipsync. And she have choose the song to go with the dance move. Unfortunately the song is too long, I need to make it between 2 – 2:30 minutes.
So I listen to the song and find the correct location where I can split it up, it is around 2:18 mark. After googling I found that it can be done using the ffmpeg program which I already had installed in my Hackintosh. So here is the command for those who are interested.
ffmpeg -i <originalfile.mp3> -c copy -t <time in seconds> <outputfile.mp3>
I was busy renovating my home and make it more presentable. Because I had done it in such a long time. Everyone keep asking, why I haven’t finished it. So I am thinking of sharing some of the lessons learned so that it might help others before they start painting their home.
Lesson 1. Time and effort
You might want to consider whether you had the time to do the painting. Depends on what you are planning to paint it can be time consuming. We all have the same 24 hours in a day. Continue reading →
This would be the last day I am bored, my wife and kids are coming back today. I woke up early to have breakfast and prepare some bread packed with ham and cheese for my wife and kids. Then I went to the airport to pick them up. The flight arrived on time at 6 AM. And I get to the airport at about 7 AM. Circle around until my wife called me, and just in time to pick them up in front of the hotel.
My son was throwing up after he went to sleep. Daughter was ok, chatty as usual. I get her to do her abacus homework. I did a few things while they are asleep :
1. Reported a few succulents
2. Take down one of our Christmas lights and fix the lights as most of them are rusty due to being immersed in the gutter.
I finished my breakfast and packed my lunch then I did the following :
1. Tidy up the front yard. Also watering the pomegranate tree, it shows a good sign of recovery.
2. Went to Surrey Hills and patching up the bathroom ceiling. Then I painted second coat on the kitchen ceiling, laundry and toilet. I manage to get 2 coat on the bathroom ceiling too.
3. Get some vegetables and ham from wollies
4. Help tim to fix his Mongo dB by purging assume is the old data so that his unifi server can start. I think it was just sure to the file permission error that it won’t start. I did this while watching Australia open man finals, Djokovic vs Nadal. Djokovic win the title with three straight set. This is quite a quick match.
5. Installing a switch to the Bluetooth speaker, as the touch switch is not really working.
Today is Australia day, I forgot about it completely, until one of my friend reminded me. This is what I did.
1. Went to clean the apartment
2. Was my clothes and hang all the washing
3. Went to Surrey Hills and clean the toilet and laundry and getting it ready for painting
4. Iron the bed sheets, like cases and quilt cover while finished watching “Solo”
5. Tinker around the Bluetooth speaker, it seems that the touch sensor still not working properly, even with the 10pF capacitor. This is done while watching Australia Open women final. Naomi Osaka, win the title, she became no 1.
I knock off early from work and did the following :
1. Get all the dried linen
2. Went to Surrey Hills to paint the first bedroom, boy it was hot. So hard to paint at 38 degree, the paint seems so sticky, so I continue painting the corner and then when it cools down a bit only then I painted the wall again
3. Patch up the bathroom ceiling
4. Trying to finish off the Bluetooth speaker, but still doesn’t work properly for some reason
5. Ironing the pillow case and bed sheets weeks watching “Ready player one”, and started to watch “Solo”
I went to bed at almost 2 AM, letting it cools down a bit.
I am still working and time flies, still checking artefacts, having steering committee and taking minutes. Then when I came back I did the following:
1. Went to Surrey Hills to finished second coat of the master bedroom corner and pay off the first bedroom corner
2. Pick up all the dried linen and towels
3. Went to clean the apartment, taking longer than usual, lots of things to clean
4. Ironing the pillow cases and quilt cover while watching “Ready player one”. It is quite an interesting movie about virtual reality taking aver the real world, which I think absolutely going to happen in the near future.
I went to bed nearly at 2 AM. It was so hot, the temperature is around 30 degree still at the time.