Finally the weekend is here, but there is no time to get bored, plenty of things to do.
1. I started with cleaning both apartment, my plan is to swim in between but I didn’t have time to do so. I started about 10:30 AM I didn’t finish until about 1:30 PM, then I hang most of the washing before going to lunch
2. Went to clean up in Surrey Hill, manage to finish cleaning the first bedroom and getting it ready for painting. I also clean the kitchen window’s glass inside out. Now it looks so much cleaner.
3. Cut the pomegranate branch that I had “Air layed”, and I potted with the putting mix. It seems like a success, it also have 2 pomegranate on the way.
4. Ironing the quilt cover set while watching “Doctor Strange“. It is part of the Avengers series, which explains how Doctor Strange comes about and have the possession of one of the infinity stone.
5. Posting instructables on how to make the Spiderman face mask which is being featured.
I think that was quite a productive day.
I am working on this day, so time flies when you had to sort out all the steering committee files, and extracted a bunch of sub sites from SharePoint. I also copy all the previous extracted files into a USB drive. Then I did the following
1. Watch Aquaman, quite a good installment of DC movie, one of the best, good story line. Who wouldn’t like the story of Atlantis?
2. Prepare the towels to get apartment ready for tomorrow
Day 6 is not a holiday, so I was at work, and moving from Springvale rd office to Wellington rd office. We packed up all our belongings and put it in our colleague’s X5 an drove it to Wellington rd office.
Then we went to lunch at Brendon Park, I had the Mie Goreng with chicken curry. It was quite yummy.
After lunch I am busy archiving all the SharePoint docs to usb drive as backup. In struggling to keep my eyes open for some reason. So I went to her some hot chocolate and tea to keep me awake. We are busy trying to find the location of the steering committee minutes in the network folders and SharePoint, then finally we found that it was located in a separate SharePoint site, I will have to migrate them tomorrow.
The rest of the night I had done the following:
1. Pick up the cup cake paper from Surrey Hills garage for Mom, it took me a while to find them
2. Went to Burwood one trying to find the ice cream scoop, but there is none in Kmart, Coles, or Reject shop. We are after the one with that can push the ice cream when you squeeze the handle
3. Went back to Surrey Hills to clean up the front bedroom, it was so dirty and I couldn’t finished it until 11:30 PM. I did clean some of my figurine on top in the shelf
4. Washing some towels and hang them dry
5. Ironing some towels
6. Post a blog about how to connect a “touch switch” to replace Bluetooth Amplifier buttons.
Then I went to bed at about 2 AM in the morning.
Day 5 star started to drag on a little bit, so here is what I had accomplished.
1. Taking Mom to the Eye and Ear hospital for her eye injection. Yeah sounds quite scary
2. Went to buy some bed sheets
3. Drive Mom to the market and while waiting, getting her prescription medications
4. Post a parcel on behalf of Wifey
5. Patch some holes on the wall, I counted about 11 of them.
6. Sorting out old boxes of motherboards, video cards, modem and mobile phone
7. Throw out old letters and keeping all the stamps
8. Ironing the quilt cover and bed sheets while finished watching Zoolander 2.
9. Watched “God of Egypt”, quite a good movie about the life in acient Egypt and search for eternity.
I might not seems alot at the start until I listed it all out. Now I feel much better.
Day 4 was first day of New Year 2019. What a year 2018 was. I had an early breakfast as usual, then running a few errands as below.
1. Helping Mom Delivering cake and cookies to an aunt in Narre Warren. I learned from her that you can be a Buddhist monk for 2 weeks followed by meditation class another week in Yun Yang temple.
2. Cleaning up the apartment
3. Swim for 45 minutes nonstop with various styles
4. Finish cleaning up the kitchen wall in Surrey Hills, and finish cleaning up one of the bedroom wall and window
5. Install Ubuntu on Mom’s old Toshiba laptop
6. Ironing quilt cover and bed sheets while watching Zoolander 2
7. Eat Lontong for lunch and dinner at Jerri’s place and socialize with uncle Hotman’s family. We talk about plants for the backyard, what to keep and what to throw and what to plant.
Not a bad day for the first day of the year.
Day 3 is the last day of the year of 2018. I went to work and having a lunch with college that are finishing up and moved on to another company.
There are a few activity that are still outstanding, here are the list that I do.
1. Installing printer driver and open office for the neighbor’s computer.
2. Went to strip all the Network cables from my home in Surrey Hills.
3. Went to Elwood beach to watch fireworks, it was quite crowded, but now I know where is the best spot. The fireworks lasted exactly 10 minutes.
On the way back to the car I called my wife and kids and wishing them Happy New Year.
On the second day, there are still plenty of things to do, here are the complete list.
1. Fixing my neighbor’s computer, he is desktop motherboard died, so she is getting a new laptop and need to be setup and files transferred across.
2. Cleaning up the whole apartment for a new arrival of guest
3. Hang the laundry
4. Put away the green rubbish from my brother’s home
5. Continue to clean kitchen wall and window for painting, also help deep cleaning of the oven
6. Strip all the temporary network, audio cables and power cables from the conduit
I didn’t finish until about amost mid night, and I feel also quite productive after listing this out.
My family went overseas, so I thought to share the journey I went through as I have some free time up my sleeve.
1. Go swimming for 20 laps
2. Ironing some bed linens
3. Clean up kitchen wall
4. Finish up my spiderman mask
5. Went groceries shopping
6. Buy some milk powder and vitamins for cousins in China and ship them
7. Testing DIY Bluetooth speaker
8. Call my wife and kids to make sure they are OK.
That’s all what I had accomplish in the first day. I’m feeling very productive.
This soft spongy cake is good for any occasion, a bit sweet and bit salty makes all the flavour comes alive.
My daughter is alergic to egg. So we went to have her cooked egg challenge and she failed miserably. The next challenge is the baked egg challenge. Here is the recipes for the muffin.