Some things happened. I am learning how to levitate. We lived next to a neighbour who is a doctor of some sort. He have a practicing room and his patient regularly visit with an exercise machine.
One day we have to borrow his place without his permission. But we clean up the place. He seems quite surprised when he got back. We tried to explain but we didn’t have a chance. We also think he speaks Indo.
Smooth and soft Green Tea and Cocoa Sponge cake. This recipes is from my sister in law. The flower pattern is quite amazing for such a simple cake.Continue reading
This is my childhood favourite, enjoy it with a cup of tea or coffee in the afternoon. Don’t forget to peel the cake layer by layer.
My Daughter would like to participate in school lipsync. And she have choose the song to go with the dance move. Unfortunately the song is too long, I need to make it between 2 – 2:30 minutes.
So I listen to the song and find the correct location where I can split it up, it is around 2:18 mark. After googling I found that it can be done using the ffmpeg program which I already had installed in my Hackintosh. So here is the command for those who are interested.
ffmpeg -i <originalfile.mp3> -c copy -t <time in seconds> <outputfile.mp3>
I was coming out of a restaurant and getting into a car at night. It was a busy intersection, I have to cross two lanes of busy street to get to the lane I want to go to as I was turning right.
Then I noticed a funny sign which looks like a squiggly line and looks as if I’m not allowed to turn right. Then I had a funny recollection of memory that I was stopped by a cop in the past while trying to turn right. Continue reading
I was busy renovating my home and make it more presentable. Because I had done it in such a long time. Everyone keep asking, why I haven’t finished it. So I am thinking of sharing some of the lessons learned so that it might help others before they start painting their home.
Lesson 1. Time and effort
You might want to consider whether you had the time to do the painting. Depends on what you are planning to paint it can be time consuming. We all have the same 24 hours in a day. Continue reading
This would be the last day I am bored, my wife and kids are coming back today. I woke up early to have breakfast and prepare some bread packed with ham and cheese for my wife and kids. Then I went to the airport to pick them up. The flight arrived on time at 6 AM. And I get to the airport at about 7 AM. Circle around until my wife called me, and just in time to pick them up in front of the hotel.
My son was throwing up after he went to sleep. Daughter was ok, chatty as usual. I get her to do her abacus homework. I did a few things while they are asleep :
1. Reported a few succulents
2. Take down one of our Christmas lights and fix the lights as most of them are rusty due to being immersed in the gutter.
Here are what I had done:
1. Clean the apartment
2. Went swimming for 30 minutes non stop
3. Hang all the washing
4. Went to Surrey Hills to paint the corridor ceiling, manage to paint 2 coat. Also patched up a few holes and clean some of the light fittings
5. Drop the Bluetooth speaker at Jerri’s house
6. Iron all the pillow cases, bedsheet and quilt cover, while watching “The Incredibles 2”
I finished my breakfast and packed my lunch then I did the following :
1. Tidy up the front yard. Also watering the pomegranate tree, it shows a good sign of recovery.
2. Went to Surrey Hills and patching up the bathroom ceiling. Then I painted second coat on the kitchen ceiling, laundry and toilet. I manage to get 2 coat on the bathroom ceiling too.
3. Get some vegetables and ham from wollies
4. Help tim to fix his Mongo dB by purging assume is the old data so that his unifi server can start. I think it was just sure to the file permission error that it won’t start. I did this while watching Australia open man finals, Djokovic vs Nadal. Djokovic win the title with three straight set. This is quite a quick match.
5. Installing a switch to the Bluetooth speaker, as the touch switch is not really working.
Today is Australia day, I forgot about it completely, until one of my friend reminded me. This is what I did.
1. Went to clean the apartment
2. Was my clothes and hang all the washing
3. Went to Surrey Hills and clean the toilet and laundry and getting it ready for painting
4. Iron the bed sheets, like cases and quilt cover while finished watching “Solo”
5. Tinker around the Bluetooth speaker, it seems that the touch sensor still not working properly, even with the 10pF capacitor. This is done while watching Australia Open women final. Naomi Osaka, win the title, she became no 1.